"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A new project

It has taken a while, much longer than I had thought, but I have finally started work on my new project. I was not totally convinced that I had made the right colour choices, so I made a couple of blocks the other day. I think I like it.



It is a very simple pattern from the current issue of 'Simple Quilts & Sewing' magazine. This is to be a gift for my brother, who has decided to take early retirement. I learned last Christmas that his current bedspread is a throw I made almost six years ago. I think he deserves a real quilt!

There has been a lot of non-sewing activity here lately. There have been soccer games to attend (our two older grandchildren both play), as well as a dance recital. Grandma has also been doing lots of babysitting. Grandpa signed up the two older kids for golf lessons (the under six program), so when he is not busy golfing he can check on their progress. There is lots of gardening to do, as well. I have lost a few plants to our chilly overnight lows. At least the garden centre is close!

I love reading about all of your beautiful new projects. They really inspire me!

Sandy

8 comments:

  1. I KNOW I like that block! There's no doubt! And your colors are perfect and very masculine! Your brother will love it. Wish I could send you some of our 100 degree heat today! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like that block, too. You made very good fabric choices.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I love your fabric choices and that will be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a great quilt!!
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you did make good choices for your fabrics, but I know how that can be. It's going to be a beautiful quilt and have some interesting secondary designs. Your brother is a lucky guy and I'm sure he'll love it. ENJOY the cool - it was near 100 here yesterday and today and we're WAY north of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric choices. Especially the mixture in both color and texture. I think it will be just perfect and a perfect retirement gift for all that extra time he will get to spend in bed. I really like the pattern too. I think I will have to find that magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! The block is very interesting.... He will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this. Your colour choices are perfect. Honestly, the picture from the magazine would not have enticed me, but your blocks make me want to make this.

    ReplyDelete