"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting back to normal

My life is slowly getting back to normal. I am no longer 'watching' my dog, Tessa, as she recuperates from surgery. Her sutures were removed on Monday, and she is well on her way to making a full recovery. Even better, we received great news from our veterinarian. The tissue samples from Tessa's second surgery were cancer free. We are cautiously optimistic that we will have her in our lives for a few more years. I don't know what we would do without our two furry girls.

                                                              Katie and Tessa
My computer time was very limited while Tessa was recuperating. Now I can once again read all of your entertaining blogs, and even comment from time to time. (We even have a new, very comfy, computer chair.)

I have been able to do some quilting, and have managed to finish the little boy quilt I started last month.











What looks like a covered journal in the third photo is actually a covered  photo album. The pattern is from the 'apq' website.

I'm not sure when I'll get to meet this new little one, as he lives clear across the country. He and his mama were to have made the trip sometime this month, but it seems that plans have changed. I just might have to pack this up and put it in the mail.

We finally have some spring-like weather, which means lots of muddy paws as the back yard thaws!

Sandy

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear Tessa is doing so well and her lab reports were so good. What a relief that must be. The little quilt is very cute, perfect for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Tessa is doing well. She and Katie are beautiful dogs. I love the colours in your quilt. They are so bright and cheerful for a baby, and the pattern really lets them shine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear Tessa got good news from the doctor. It's always a relief to hear "cancer free." The little boy quilt is adorable and I love the idea of a matching photo album. (Add that to the list of things I can think about making, but procrastinate too long to actually get it done before the quilt needs to be gifted!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt and photo album are both so cute; I'm sure both will be much loved and used! It's good to hear your Tessa is going to be okay. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty puppies! So glad Tessa will be with you for a long while now. Love the quilt!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your companion is going to be okay;) Love the quilt;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete