"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our anniversary road trip


My husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary on May 22 and decided that a road trip was in order. Last weekend, we drove north to drop the dogs off with my mom, and then headed for the mountains. Our first stop was Jasper National Park. Parks Canada is celebrating this year, as well. It is their 100th birthday.


                                              The view from our balcony.



                           This picture was taken just before sunset at Pyramid Lake.

The next morning (our anniversary) we rode the Jasper Sky Tram. There was still a lot of snow at the summit.


                     Next came a trip to Sunwapta Falls. What an amazing place.



A side trip to Penticton in British Columbia included lunch at a beautiful winery, and then we moved on to Lake Louise. We saw lots of deer and elk, and even a bear, but chipmunks are the only wild animals I am comfortable photographing.


We were back  home on Friday afternoon. My husband had done all the driving, so I think he was a little tired, but we both had a great time. Here is my new Jim Shore Scottish Santa. What a souvenir.

I have fabric for my next sewing project, although I should do a little gardening first.


Sandy

5 comments:

  1. I want to go there! Those are gorgeous pictures! Glad you had a good time and a Happy Anniversary! The little chipmunks must be close cousins to my Mrs. Bush-ee. *grin* You would know that I love your new Santa, as well as your new fabrics. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a wonderful trip, thanks for sharing your pictures. Can't wait to see what your next project will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary. What a beautiful roadtrip. I lived in Penticton for 4 years but with two carsickness-prone infant/toddlers we didn't explore very far afield. One of these days I'll get to those gorgeous national parks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice;) Road trips are always fun;) Thanks for sharing the pictures;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful scenery! And 40 years - that's fantastic! I'm glad you and your hubby had a great time. And I'm wondering what your next project will be...

    ReplyDelete