"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has sprung, just not anywhere near here

It has been snowing off and on for two days now. The snowfall warning has been lifted, which means that significant amounts of snow are no longer expected. I think that any amount of snow that falls after the first day of spring is significant!

           I was so impressed by Liri's photos of her daffodils that I had to buy these,


                         and in honour of spring I brought out a few spring things.











                             My two year old grandson thinks these are kitties! 


                 I have finally framed and hung a few of my counted cross stitch pieces.
                                         I'm not sure what took me so long.


                    Warmer weather is predicted for this weekend. I can't wait!

Sandy

6 comments:

  1. Your projects are beautiful! The cross stitches are so nice. I love the kitties, oops I mean bunnies. All of your spring touches are perfect. Hope the weather matches your decorations soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch pieces are lovely. I have a small stack of unframed, stitched pieces. I have been slowly working on framing them.
    Your kitty/bunnies are very cute too.
    I hope your weather warms up soon, like tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are ready for Spring, whether the weather is or not! So sorry you are still having snow!
    Your counted cross stitch pieces are absolute perfection! I'm glad too that you had them framed so you can enjoy them! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow...yuck! They're predicting sleet/rain today, and we have a winter weather advisory starting tonight. I know this is the way all springs start, but I'm with you - ready for the warm weather! The cross stitch pieces are beautiful and the kitties (tee hee hee) are cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Spring! We are not out of the woods here yet. Snowstorms have arrived as late as April 1st, LOL. Love your cross stitched pieces. Will you show us more?

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the spring stuff;) We are finally getting some green out here;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete