"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Sunday, April 3, 2011

ENOUGH!!

Mother Nature has been playing a very spirited game of 'Spring Tease' with us. She will give us a few spring-like days of warmish weather and then WHAM, we get this...





It will take more than a few days for all of this to melt. Now this is all very pretty, a real Winter Wonderland, but enough already.










It will be weeks before even the bravest of spring bulbs will make an appearance around here, so it was back to the grocery store for another spring fix. I love purple tulips!



                                                                                  






Sandy

7 comments:

  1. And here I was complaining at the wet snowball fight Mother Nature was having with us this morning. Big wet gobs of snow falling and sticking to the ground in places, but it's all gone again just a few hours later. But I do agree - enough already! Your purple tulips are beautiful. I hope you get to enjoy some growing in the ground soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips look so pretty on your lovely tablemat. The snow.....well lets just say that I am so over it for this winter/spring. I havestopped wearing a coat. In protest. LOL I actually just hate coats and I will wear a sweater or a fleece but no more coats. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how you feel. Weather here has been up and down, balmy one day, waking up to snow another day - not quite as much as you though. Ours was gone by the end of the day. I'm glad you are able to bring some spring in from the grocery store to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we really even got a full winter here...not trying to brag or anything (that would get us a blizzard for the next month!!). It's amazing how much a bit of color can lift the spirits;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, those pictures look like mine! We are having a very slow, cool, spring. I really don't mind, though, the daffodils bloom and stay longer in the cool weather. Love your tulips! Mine are up but no flowers yet. Don't worry, Spring is coming, LOL.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess we always want what we don't have. New Mexico is dry, yesterday we had 60 mph winds and there are a number of fires burning throughout the state that are fanned by those winds. Wish we had some snow to melt and provide the moisture we need. Spring will arrive for you and it will be so nice very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! That much snow this time of year??? I'd be crying! But that cheerful little table mat would help my feelings a lot, especially with pretty tulips! I do love that little piece! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete