"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Counting my blessings


There has not been much sewing (or crafting) going on around here lately. While I would like to blame my lack of creativity on the weather (yes, this is what I looked at this morning), or on my aching joints, I know that our weather woes will pass and my arthritic joints will start to feel better. I have decided that I really need to look on the bright side. I need to count my blessings. There is a sweet song about just that, made popular years ago by Bing Crosby. Diana Krall has recorded a lovely version, too. My blessings are numerous (too numerous to mention here) but I can say that they begin and end with my wonderful family.






I have managed a little sewing recently. I made an Easter card for my mom from this paper-pieced daffodil.





Of course, Easter would not be complete without some Easter goody bags for my grandchildren. I decided to use some iron-on transfers this year.


The transfers worked well on my granddaughter's bag and on the one for my little grandson, but not so much on the bag for my four-year-old grandson. What to do? I decided to try paper-piecing a soccer ball instead. My husband told me last night that the kids don't really pay attention to the outside of the bag. They are more interested in what is inside. He is probably right!

I still need to start work on a baby quilt for a little girl who is due this Friday, April 22. No pressure there!

                                          HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Sandy

I just heard that Chloe Alexandra was born early this morning. Now I really need to get busy!

6 comments:

  1. You and your paper piecing! A goergous daffodil and a soccer ball I thought was a transfer until I read it wasn't. And your hubby may be right that the kids care more about what's in the bags, but eventually they'll appreciate the bags, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting blessings is a good thing...something I need to do today myself;)
    I love that card, and the bags are adorable;)
    Snow??? Really??? Wow!!
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That daffodil is really special! The bags are cute too. I AM going to try paper piecing someday; yours are so inspiring to me! If we had snow now, I'd be snuggled under the quilts! Maybe I'd remember to count my blessings while staying warm there! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done projects! Blessings are always best counted when one is not feeling up to snuff!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! And it doesn't really matter if the kids look at the outside of the bag - they may look at the inside now but they'll remember Grandma's special bags later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the snow and the achy joints. I can relate. Hand in there, warmer weather is on the was. Your paper pieced daffy is so cute. What a great cxard.
    Those goodies look very good too. I think your hubby is right, kids only care about what's in the bag. And they will love those goodies.
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete