"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Showers

Yes, spring is finally here. The snow is gone (except for a few stubborn patches here and there) and the grass is starting to turn green. Brave perennials are poking their first green leaves through the soil. Robins can be heard singing from early morning to well into the evening. All is well!

There was even a lovely spring shower yesterday --- a baby shower. I love baby showers. There is always lots of wonderful food, good company and, best of all, a beautiful new baby to hold and admire. I finished my gift, a quilt, on Saturday evening (thank goodness). By now, everyone assumes that my gift bag holds a quilt, and I would hate to disappoint.


                                                        


I used the Dutchmen's Puzzle Baby Quilt pattern from the apq website, and dug into my little stash of Petite Maison fabric. I like pink and green together, and I hope Baby Chloe will, too.


I would love to start gardening today, but the ground is still frozen in places. I lost a few plants over our exceptionally long winter, but that gives me a good excuse to make a trip to the garden centre.

Maybe I could start planning my next sewing project, as well!

Sandy

5 comments:

  1. I really like the green and pink together, and I love the pattern. Lucky baby! I hope the ground thaws for you so you can get to the gardening. I've been itching to get to it here, but it has been raining. Happily, today is sunny and mild, amnd the forecast looks good for most of the week too, so let's see how much I get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay spring! The baby quilt is so sweet - perfect soft colors for a new little bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely colors. And your geese look perfect. ( I have sooo much trouble with flying geese). It is a great quilt.
    Hope the ground thaws soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely little baby quilt! And your quilting and binding are perfect! I'm sure the new mother and baby will love the quilt.
    Spring came here, and now we are back to winter! High 40's, low 50's for two days, and much needed rain! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The baby quilt is beautiful, love the pink and green together! I'm sure it will be well loved. I can't wait to get a little gardening done, maybe this week will work out.

    ReplyDelete