"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Decisions, decisions, and doing what I love

Our summer is winding down here in southern Alberta. With any luck, we will still enjoy some warm weather -- to make up for our very cool spring and early summer -- but fall is definitely in the air.

Some of you might know that I love making mini quilts. I am a big fan of the little quilts of Ann Hermes, and decided recently to make a little quilt based on one of Ann's called Pastel Triangles. My inspiration can be found here:
                                   http://www.annhermesquilts.com/QuiltStore.html

I could never do what Ann does. I have trouble cutting into new fabric. I can't imagine cutting into precious antique fabric!

Here is my version of Ann's little quilt. Pink and green is one of my favourite combinations.











I have decided that this post will be my last. While you have all been welcoming and friendly, and generous with your comments, I am not an original member of your group. I enjoy writing about what I do, but I enjoy the 'doing' even more. So, I will continue to do what I love -- sewing, quilting, counted cross stitch, and even a little knitting.

Of course, I will also continue to follow all of your blogs. I will once again be lurking in the background, much as I did during the APQ days. While I was much too 'shy' in those days to ever leave a comment ("Love" and I did exchange a few messages) I hope that this time around I will feel more comfortable.

Thank you "Love" for your friendship. Your encouragement meant a lot to me.

Now, I really do need to get back to my sewing room. There are a lot of projects waiting for me!

Sandy

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you have decided to stop blogging, but then I understand;) There are times when i don't feel like writing either;)
    Love what you are doing with the mini quilts;)
    Happy Quilting!!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little cute is very pretty. I love the colors. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is adorable. I too love Ann's quilts, but can't imagine myself making something so small...maybe someday?! We'll miss your blogging, but if you feel this is the right decision for you, I understand. If you decide to come back, we'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so you don't have to blog, but could you post pictures? I do so enjoy seeing what everyone else is working on. I don't always post on a regular basis either. Sometimes alot and sometimes not at all, LOL!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely little quilt. Thanks for sharing with us for a while. Enjoy the extra time for your stitching and kniting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It saddens me that we will not get to see more of your beautiful work! Of course, each of us has our own priorities, and no one else can set those. Just because you weren't in the original APQ group doesn't mean you are not a vital part of us now. I will miss your blogs, and I do hope we can continue to share with one another as we did before, as you have time and inclination. Check in occasionally, okay? Your little quilt is lovely! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss you Sandy! Although I have been lurking for the last 5-6 months, I didn't leave too many comments.

    And I agree with what "Love" posted, you are a part of us now!

    -Alice

    PS - I was just thinking of posting Needlella onto my blog. I saw Bindbara on paperpanache.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little quilt is so cute, I like your choice of colors. It is important to enjoy what you are doing so I understand your choice. Comment when you can and if you feel like posting pictures or an occasional post in the future, we will be here to check them out. If not, that's OK, too. Enjoy your crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little quilt. Pink and green are so pretty together.
    I will miss you! maybe you could just post once in a while. I hope you will.
    Whatever you decide hugs and know we will mis you.

    ReplyDelete