"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meet Bindbara



Meet Bindbara, my fairy quilt godmother. She loves hot pink lipstick and purple eyeshadow, and is a product of the Not-So-Mystery Block #61 at Paper Panache, found here: http://www.paperpanache.com/index.htm

Bindbara and I are not alike, although I once had a pair of reading/sewing glasses with purplish frames. She was a lot of fun to make, and now hangs in my sewing room. (Yes, she was paper pieced, and yes, she came with her name.)

We have finally had a bit of summer-ish weather. Nothing over 29 degrees Celsius (about 84 degrees Fahrenheit), and that was only for a day, but outdoor activities have kept me out of my sewing room (for the most part). Needless to say, progress on the retirement quilt for my brother has been slow.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

Sandy

4 comments:

  1. What an unusual concept; it must have been a real challenge! Thanks for the website; there's a lot of helpful hints there. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like a fun project! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love her necklace! I wish you could send a bit of that cooler weather our way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fairy Quilt Godmother looks great! Have you seen all the ones that have been submitted to Linda! Quite the collection I am currently finishing off my Fairy Quilt Godmother.

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete