"There is a destiny that makes us brothers:
None goes his way alone:
All that we send into the lives of others
Comes back into our own."

Edwin Markham

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let It Snow

This past Monday, November 15, the temperature was a balmy 7 degrees Celsius. Today the high might be minus 12. Winter is here! My dogs love the snow, but even they were cold this morning. Katie, on the left, is part Sheltie and part American Eskimo. Tessa is a purebred Sheltie. 


I have been working on my paper-pieced log cabin quilt. It is slow going. I have decided that I don't like the wide white borders on this quilt. Not very compatible (or practical) with the dogs, three grandkids, or my husband for that matter. (Plus, I'm never sure how to quilt borders.)


I did manage to finish this table mat in time for Hallowe'en. More paper piecing! The stuffed pumpkin is a favourite. It comes out in early September and hangs around until the Christmas decorations appear. (It was a birthday gift six or seven years ago.)


What I would really like to be doing about now is working on some holiday projects. Perhaps I'll play my new Michael Buble CD (Let it Snow) and wait for inspiration to strike.


Sandy


Note: 7 degrees Celsius is approximately 45 degrees Fahrenheit 
    -12 degrees Celsius is approximately 10 degrees Fahrenheit 

5 comments:

  1. Your dogs do look happy to be outside, but maybe it has something to do with that pink ball and not the snow? The log cabin quilt is great and the little pumpkins are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your log cabin with white is quite striking; but then, I like white more than most folks I guess. The pumpkins are cute too. (Wish I had some fall things out; I still have spring flowers and patriotic things out. Guess I'll go straight to Christmas maybe next week!) How sweet you little doggies look! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so hoping that the snow takes its time getting in this area....I'm enjoying the fall weather too much;) Borders are hard for me to figure out how to quilt also...that's why lots of my quilts are borderless;)
    Love you pumpkins!! I took all my halloween deco down....a bit too early I think;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppies are just precious! I bet they love the snow. I love how your log cabins turned out and the pumpkins are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little dogs are so cute in the snow! Your log cabin quilt looks fantastic and the little punpkins are very cute, too. Temps here are cooling off fast, but I'm not ready for winter weather yet.

    ReplyDelete